Hello lovelies! I have a really fun smokey eye for you guys today! I really love colorful smokey eyes. I think they’re so much fun and such a great way to use those bright colors in your collection! You also don’t have to deal with black eyeshadow 😉 I actually don’t have a “green” black eyeshadow. Does anyone have any recommendations? Let me know down in the comments!
This look, like most of the looks I do, is actually really simple. You don’t need 17 different brushes and 50 different shadows. Use what you have and everything will be just fine! My goal for makeup looks is not to say you NEED all of these eyeshadows. These are for inspiration. You can do this look with absolutely any shadows you already own. On to the look!
(1) Prep your eyes! Use your favorite eyeshadow primer. You guys know I’m partial to the Brija Adhesive Eye Wax and Powder Primer.
(2) Start building up your crease with a fluffy brush. You can see that this is a more structured smokey eye but don’t worry about that just yet. For now, build up your crease with a medium matte shade. I used Brija The Lazy Runs Deep.
(3) Now, I wanted a V shape to the outer corners of my smokey eye. To achieve that, take a flat brush and lay down your deeper matte shade into the shape that suits your eye. Then go back to your fluffy brush and start to blend that color into the crease and diffuse those sharp edges. I used Brija You Only Have to Do It Once
(4) BREATHE the hard part is over. Don’t be afraid to go back with a big (clean) fluffy brush to really diffuse any edges.
(5) Add your inner corner highlight. I like to add my highlight into the inner corner and drag it into the crease just to make everything cohesive. I love this bright iridescent pink/purple. What do you guys think? A bit different. I used Brija Pink Frosting.
(6) So, by now my eyes were looking a bit, well, pink. I wanted to switch directions a little bit so I went with a iridescent green on the lid! I packed Brija Legends onto the ball of my lid with my finger.
A reminder to do a final brush through of your brows…or they look uneven…oops.
(8) I contoured with my Lily Lolo Sculpt and Glow Contour Duo. I really love contouring with this. It’s warm enough that you don’t look gray but not so warm that it feels like a bronzer, you know?
(9) On my lips I have Brija Scotland Cream Wand Lipstick.
That’s it! HA after 9 steps…sorry guys. It really is an easy look and it doesn’t take too long. Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments down below! I hope you all have a wonderful week and weekend! If you are celebrating Thanksgiving I hope you have a lovely holiday!