Okay, we have all gone through the blue eyeshadow phase. And if you were anything like me, it wasn’t cute. It was NOT cute. At all. Why did my mother let me wear light blue eyeshadow? Why mom? WHY!? Probably because I would have done it anyway, ha.
So, I wanted to create a really fun, dramatic eye makeup look featuring blue eyeshadow. I also decided to go a bit crazy with my crease color. Blue lid, warm crease, big lashes. Oh, did I mention glitter? Yeah, glitter.
How to create the look:
(1) Build up that crease! I used Am I Crying or Laughing to blow out my crease. Use a really fluffy brush and just go crazy!
(2) Deepen your crease.
Makeup tip: Instead of using a light shade, medium shade then a dark shade for your crease, switch up the order for a really blown out crease. Use your light shade first, then nestle your dark shade into the outer corners, then use your medium shade to blend everything out. Perfect results, every time!
Dark shade: Notes in the Margin
Medium shade: First Kiss
(3) Now, onto the fun part. Pack your blue shadow, You Are Not My Mother, onto the mobile lid. Do NOT over blend this into the crease. You can blend ever so slightly but your glitter will disguise that harsh line.
(4) Add your glitter. I used Brija Sodalite. Ugh so pretty, I just can’t with these glitters. The glitter will naturally transfer a bit to the crease which will disguise any harsh lines.
Once your glitter is on make sure to clean up any fallout and finish your base. Once your base is finished you can finish up the lower lash line.
(5) Use your light shade (Am I Laughing or Crying) to blend into your lower lash line. Use a touch of your medium shade (First Kiss) to finish your lower lash line. Finally add some more glitter, because, more is more.
(6) Add your lashes! I used Ardell Demi Wispies.
(7) Finish off with your lips! I went for a nice orangey lip, Brija Spit Like A Man. I wore this lipstick very sheerly to allow the natural pink of my lips come through and lighten everything up a bit.
What do you think of this look? Definitely an improvement over how I used to wear blue eyeshadow that’s for sure!!! I truly hope you are all having an amazing weekend!
Powder Foundation/Setting Powder: Root Pretty Pearl Powder Foundation in G3.5
Glitter: Brija Sodalite
Lips: Brija Spit Like a Man
Lashes: Ardell Demi Wispies