Hello everyone! I have a really fun makeup look for you guys! Really warm eye shadow looks are often a bit daunting. Blending out the oranges and the reds can go poorly really quickly!
Here are your steps!
(1) I suggest using some medical tape to confine your shadow placement a bit. That or, once your eyes are done, go in with some makeup remover and clean up a bit. No one wants red pigment in their foundation…
(2) Start by priming your eyes. I have really greasy eyelids and I love the Brija Powder Eyeshadow Primer. You guys know I always start with a nude or translucent shadow on the lids to aid with blending and this is just two steps in one. Boom. Done.
(3) Yes, this look is colorful and I know you’re excited, but start s..l..o..w..l..y….. I started in my crease with Am I Crying or Laughing? This is a beautiful medium coral shade that deepens the crease while warming everything up. Just keep blending. Blend, blend, blend some more.
(4) Once my crease was defined I went in with the shade Truly Important which is an orangey red. This shadow (like all of the matte shades I used) is PIGMENTED! Use very sparingly, it’s so much easier to add than to take away, ha.
(4) Just in case my crease wasn’t defined enough, I added the tiniest amount of First Kiss, a warm red brown. It just added that bit of depth that I wanted to finish off the crease and tie in with the lip I wanted to wear.
(5) Remove the surgical tape/clean up your fall out with some makeup remover.
(6) Complete the rest of your makeup. With very warm eyeshadows you want to make sure that any redness you may have in your face is covered up. It will just make the look cleaner and more wearable (kind of…). I kept my brows really feathery and natural. Not everyone’s cup of tea but hey.
(8) To finish the eyes I added Phoenix Tears (a bright orange) to the inner corners of my eyes and LeviOsa (a shimmering red) to the outer corners of my eyes. It just added a bit of shimmer to the look.
(9) Add lashes (optional) and your mascara (optional). It’s all optional, it’s makeup, just have fun.
(10) Time to highlight! I used the Brija You Know Who highlighter on my cheekbones, brow bones and tear duct areas. You know…everywhere.
(11) Lip time! When I first got this lipstick in the shade King of the World I had such a hard time applying this smoothly! BUT because it’s been so warm it has softened up a bit and it applies so nicely now! I like to use a brush to make sure the edges are nice and crisp.
If you want to recreate this look just take your time and have fun with it! Remember, if you mess up just use a bit of makeup remover and try to salvage the situation.
These Brija shadows are AMAZING. If you’re looking for really affordable, clean eyeshadows I can’t recommend them enough! I really love these types of colors but I’m not going to wear them on a daily basis. The fantastic thing about Brija is how affordable the shadows are! Mini jars cost just $2.75 so you can easily pick up a few of those crazy colors you’re not sure you will wear all that often!
Primer: Brija Powder Eyeshadow Primer
Highlight: You Know Who Face Highlighter
Lips: Brija King of the World