Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely week 🙂 Today, I wanted to chat about my wedding makeup.
For WEEKS I was trying to decide what I wanted to do for makeup on my wedding day. The ceremony was inside but the reception was outside and it was pretty warm! I needed something that I wouldn’t worry about but was still special enough for the occasion.
If you are getting married and you need some inspiration I highly recommend checking out Lisa Eldridge’s Wedding Makeup Videos. She just has some great tips on how to make your makeup last all day and how to do some very classic looks.
So, one would think with all of the research I did, I would know what I wanted to do the day of my wedding right? No, wrong. Zero clue when I sat down. I knew I wanted something simple with an easy pink lip. That leaves a lot of options for someone who has a lot of makeup! So, here’s what I (finally) decided on!
Disclosure: I edited my skin in these photos (not the wedding ones just the ones below.) My skin does not actually look like this. I was just having fun with the skin smoother…. 🙂 Never compare yourselves to Instagram! Studio lights and skin smoothers do A LOT!
I never edit my skin in posts where I am showing you foundations! That would not be helpful at all! Wanna see me bare faced? There ya go!
- Foundation: Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation in the shade Sand (I recently exchanged mine for the shade Cream, I have a full review of the foundation here)
- Powder: I used the Silk Naturals Perfecting Powder because I knew I would be outside and we wouldn’t be using flash photography. This powder has Silica so if you are going to be photographed using flash, do NOT use this because you’ll glow (and not in the good way…)
- Highlighter: Silk Naturals in Fluff (I have swatches here)
- Primer: Brija Powder Eyeshadow Powder, I used this powder on top of my Nars Pro Prime. Guys, I still haven’t found a green alternative that lasts all day. Please, please give me alternatives, I’m getting desperate!
- Crease: I used a big, fluffy brush with Brija Man of Leisure to add some hazy definition to my crease. I switched to a slightly more directional brush to deepen the crease with Brija The Lazy Runs Deep. (Swatches here)
- Lid: I have green eyes so I decided to continue with the purple trend from the crease and packed Brija Fiendish Florist onto the mobile lid. (Swatches here)
- Brow bone and Tear duct highlight: Silk Naturals in Fluff
- Mascara: Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Work It! Full Flared! Fit! Mascara This is absolutely one of my favorite mascaras.
- I kept it VERY simple on my lips. I used the Suntegrity Lip C.P.R. in Sunburst Pink.
I ended up really loving my wedding makeup! It lasted all day and it was very simple and fresh. I did wear my glasses on my wedding day because I wear my glasses full time. Yes, I am a full time glasses wearer!
Do you remember what you wore for your wedding day?! Are you getting married soon? Let me know down in the comments! I hope you guys enjoyed reading and finding out what I wore on my face on my wedding day!