I was nominated by Maddie Seager of Madeleine Alice for the Liebster Award which aims to promote small blogs with fewer than 200 followers. First, I’d like to say a huge thank you to Maddie for nominating me. I feel really honored to take part in an award that has honestly opened my own eyes to great new bloggers. I would also like to thank my current readers! You are all so lovely and I’m so happy that you have found my little corner of the internet.
Here are the rules: (1) Thank the blogger that nominated you (Thanks Maddie!) and link to their blog. (2) Include the Liebster Award logo. (3) Nominate up to 10 other bloggers with 200 followers or less (I used Bloglovin to determine this). (4) Answer the 10 questions posed to you by the nominator. (5) Make ten questions of your own to be answered by your nominees.
- Choosing a blog name is seriously hard. I wanted to choose something that wouldn’t paint me into a corner. I wanted to keep it vague enough so that as my interests change I can still maintain my blog name. I’m notorious for monochromatic color schemes. All my clothing is very neutral with lots of grays, beiges and whites. Pretty Neutral just kind of came to me and I went with it! 4 months later I still like it!
- I started blogging because I really wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone. It’s one thing reading other people’s blogs but its a whole other thing to actually be creating weekly content. I always had ideas of posts come to me as I read other people’s blogs and I had no outlet for them so I finally decided to just take the plunge!
- I live in Philadelphia so I don’t like listening to music as I walk because it makes me nervous and I’m clumsy as is so I don’t need distractions. I do love listening to CD’s and Records when I’m home though (I’m 80 deal with it.) Last thing I listened to was Paris After Dark, just French songs.
- I just love the creative aspect of makeup. It really allows me to experiment and have fun. It’s like coloring for adults! So many pretty colors and combinations to choose from.
- Oh man something with potatoes…I need potatoes.
- Paula’s Choice 8% AHA Gel. That stuff is gold!
- Oh yes. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. The sass that woman could convey is just timeless! So much sass. Love it.
- Scotland. I don’t care where in Scotland, I just want sheep. (I really wanted a donkey when I was a kid and my parents said no, then I asked for sheep and they said no, then I asked for a duck and they said no.) I also love the rain and cool weather so it seems like a good fit. Oh and in defense of my parents we lived in a residential neighborhood so looking back on it “no” was probably the correct answer.
- Uhm…oh dear. I honestly don’t want to think about that. Probably my palettes are worth the most around the $50 mark each. I think it’s the quantity of those expensive items that’s the problem…
- This may sound odd but I actually really like November. It’s chilly and the mood is festive what with Thanksgiving if you’re in the States and Christmas fast approaching. It’s just a great time of year to go to a coffee shop and sit with a book and a cup of tea.
I am also really pleased to nominate a few of the beauty bloggers I have been loving lately. The best part about starting a blog is discovering other small blogs around the internet. I know you are supposed to nominate like 10 people but this tag has been going around for a while so I don’t want to renominate people who have already participated (sorry if I do!). I am nominating:
Foundations of my Life – Darian is really sweet and I absolutely love her posts definitely go over and say hello!
Ela BellaWorld – Ela is extremely relatable and I love her photography style!
Caked to The Nines – Absolutely lovely photos and lovely reviews! Go over and say hi!
- What inspires your blog posts?
- Do you have a specific way of organizing your makeup?
- Do you like to follow the seasonal color conventions or do you wear what you want when you want?
- What’s the one beauty item that you keep repurchasing?
- What’s the next thing on your list of makeup items to get?
- Do you have any luxury items that you regret buying?
- If you could create your own dream makeup item what would it be?
- What makeup look makes you feel confident?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Do you have pets?